A green smoothie is perhaps the best gift nature has to offer in a glass; a great tool for weight loss, and a great way to get healthy in general. A green smoothie weight loss program will have additional benefits ranging from being healed from eczema, seborrhea dermatitis, food cravings, and dandruff; to clearer skin. The major health benefit of adding green smoothies into your daily routine is weight loss. Green smoothies will help you maintain a healthy, ideal weight with little effort and no counting of calories, points or carbs.
A green smoothie doesn’t exactly sound appetizing, but to a certain degree it’s also an acquired taste, just like alcohol. Don’t let the colors fool you!! It is sweet and filling – even the kids love it! Generally the fruit taste takes over the flavor of the drink, while the greens balance out the fruit’s sweetness, adding nice bit of zest. What’s more, unlike alcohol, this green cocktail packs some seriously awesome health benefits. Green smoothies taste a lot better than they look because you control the ingredients. With the right recipe combining the right ingredients, you get the ratios of vegetables to fruit just right; this means you’ll barely taste the veggies in your juice at all. You create smoothies that taste awesome and help you drop pounds. Green smoothies make perfect couriers for nutrient-laden, relatively low-calorie ingredients capable of keeping you full for a lengthy time.
The reason that smoothies can help you lose weight is that you can get all of your necessary nutrients; rich in minerals, vitamins, fiber and other nutrients that you need to lose weight fast in one glass without adding in excess or empty calories and without feeling of starvation or feeling like you are on a liquid diet.
When you learn about the ingredients that create a balanced smoothie, you will be able to reduce your craving for sugary junk foods, satisfy your sweet tooth with all of the delicious, nutritious fruit in your recipe while you keep calorie intake in check as fruit and vegetables are a heck of a lot lower in calories, fat and sugars than any processed foods. In addition, you will learn to include a good balance of protein, healthy fats, complex carbohydrates, as well as nutrients and vitamins.
Another benefit of smoothies is that besides the basics, you can include powerhouse ingredients that up the nutritional value of your smoothie; elements that are catalytic to your weight loss by increasing your metabolic rate, filling you up for hours, and giving you more energy without adding extra calories.
Ingredients for Weight Loss
While many of the traditional ingredients in wholesome smoothies support a weight loss, some ingredients are evidently better than others. Different ingredients in your smoothie will boost your weight loss by different means. It takes only a few minutes to learn what to use; how to make the right combinations. Keep reading and start losing 🙂
- Cayenne pepper: This spice adds a kick to your smoothie and also boosts your weight loss potential. Consuming a little cayenne pepper will curb your appetite. A compound called capsaicin is responsible. Adding it to breakfast reduces consumption of fat and carbohydrates later in the day.
- Chia seeds: Packed with protein and fiber and also known to absorb toxins from your digestive tract, Chia seeds keep you feeling full and satisfied. In addition they contain numerous nourishing nutrients like antioxidants, calcium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seed gel is slightly easier to digest, helps unlock the nutrition, and adds to the creaminess of your smoothie.
- Cinnamon: This popular spice helps keep blood sugar levels in check by improving the metabolism of glucose which results in a reduction of the excess blood glucose that can be stored as fat.
- Coconut oil: Ample healthy fat in your diet and smoothies is vital if you’re serious about achieving optimal health, and losing weight. This superfood keeps you energized, replete, and feeling good. As opposed to being stored as fat, the predominant fats in coconut oil are used by the body for energy.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is much higher in protein as compared to other styles of yogurt. Opt for the full-fat variety, and stick with plain as the flavored varieties usually have a lot of added sugars.
- Healthy fats: Totally denying yourself fat isn’t a way to lose weight. This only makes you feel unsatisfied when you eat. Healthy fats have been proven to be vital to your overall health and they help keep you satisfied for hours on end. Include fats in your smoothies by adding coconut oil, avocado, or nuts and nut butters. Butter and cream are good options too if you make elixirs.
- Leafy greens: Make sure to rotate your greens on a regular basis. Greens, like romaine lettuce, dandelion, kale, and spinach are packed with phytonutrients, are low in calories and are also high in fiber.
- Pulp from fruit: In addition to the juice, you end up with a pile of throw-away pulp. Instead of throwing it out or composting it, you can add it to your smoothies for a natural source of fiber.
- Stevia: consider using stevia if when fruit you use in your smoothies is not enough sweetness for you. This zero-calorie sweetener is natural; it comes from a plant and is completely free from the possible risks side and effects that come with artificial sweeteners.
- Tea/water/ice: Many smoothie recipes necessitate fruit juice or milk to build the right consistency. Substitute them with water, ice or tea to avoid the extra calories. A fruity, herbal tea is a great substitute for juice. Green tea has a mild flavor, and it contains healthful nutrients. Use ice for more consistency like a shake
Weight Loss Smoothie Tips
- Drink A Smoothie For Breakfast- start your day, every day with a filling green smoothie using leafy greens, fruit, a scoop of protein powder and other wholesome ingredients.
- Drink A Smoothie For A Snack- Green smoothies make excellent snacks. You’ll get much more nutrition than milk and cookies could ever provide, fewer calories and it will be just as sweet!
- Eat More Whole Foods- move away from artificial, prepackage foods which are loaded with high-fructose corn syrup, sugars, and preservatives, as well as high fat and calorie content.
- Exercise Every Day- While a healthy diet and green smoothies can help shed the pounds, exercise helps boost your metabolism and tone the body. A mix of light cardio and free weights thirty minutes each day can go a long way. Throw in a 30 minutes’ walk during your lunch break or in the evenings.
- Stop With The Fad Diets, Potions and Pills- What actually works is a levelheaded approach to your diet and lifestyle.
- Get A Support System- Try to get your spouse, partner or friend to make the lifestyle decision together and help you lose weight.
- Commit To A Change- The best way to achieve any goal, such as weight loss or fitness, is to have a plan and commit to it.