There is a way to enjoy all the flavours we all religiously love from buffalo wings without all the added fat. Try these wholesome and delicious buffalo chicken lettuce wraps and you’ll see what I mean. Wrapped up in a crisp, crunchy lettuce leaf, or served over a bed of chopped greens, this chicken will definitely be a new favourite in your house; it makes a scrumptious sweet-savoury pairing.
The luscious lettuce wraps are anything but plain. They’re positively packed with flavour, easy to make, and a healthy twist; and not to mention, lettuce adds the perfect freshness and crunch
Preparing shredded buffalo chicken in the crock pot is super easy, anyone can do it. Not to mention, the chicken can be used for everything from pizza toppings, to wraps and salads, sandwiches and more.
Chopped scallions and water chestnuts add freshness and crunch to compliment the intense flavours of the chicken
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce
- 6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Iceberg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large celery stalks, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- In a slow cooker, combine onions, chicken, garlic , celery stalk and broth (just about enough to cover your chicken. If the can of broth is not sufficient, use water to top up).
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from pot, reserving just 1/2 cup broth.
- Using two forks, Shred the chicken then return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup broth and the hot sauce. Set to on high for an additional 30 minutes.
To prepare lettuce cups
- place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf
- Top with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, celery and dressing of your choice.
- Wrap up and start eating!
Try these wholesome and delicious Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps for dinner some night and get to experience this scrumptuous awesomeness.